In support of Rural Saskatchewan
Central Butte supports rural development and small business in Saskatchewan.
Saskatchewan is a diverse Canadian province with a renewed focus on rural community development and regional business promotion. Many Saskatchewan towns and villages, working through their local development boards, chamber of councils, or municipal councils, are endeavoring to create economic and industrial growth, business incentives, tourist attractions, and residential appeal for those looking for community living, and a rural lifestyle.
Each town or village has a set of unique features and attractions that range from bed and breakfasts, hunting and fishing, bird watching centers, camping, roadside attractions, outdoor and water recreation, culture, heritage and many one-of-a-kind cottage industries. Each community also has access to one or more of Saskatchewan's major centers sharing in their tourism and business services.
Schools, essential in the rural setting, aspire to academic excellence and offer a good teacher to student ratio which is often missing in urban schools. Rural schools are well supported by their communities and the learning environment often involves students from all grades working together on projects and activities. Some of the communities, facing rural depopulation, are working to employ the latest in teaching technology as well as international student programs in order to diversify and expand.
Saskatchewan towns and villages who are part of this fireflyweb linkshare program cooperatively promote the province and encourage small town living. Bring your talents and rural spirit to Saskatchewan and join a small town or village where your business, residential, or tourism ideas will not go unappreciated. In fact, why shouldn’t we encourage small town living here in Saskatchewan where the housing and infrastructure is often already in place, and where agriculture and the new trends towards a more sustainable lifestyle are possible. Saskatchewan can be proud of its rural spirit, safe environment and community focus.
- Towns and Villages:
- The Village of Kenaston is known for it's famous Snowman mascot, its Superdraft hockey lottery, it's active Chamber of Commerce and for its high school sports and Blizzards hockey team.
- Blaine Lake is situated at the junction of Highways 12 and 40, and is called the Gateway to the Lakes. The Town of Blaine Lake offers plenty of outdoor recreation, camping, hunting and tourist attractions.
- Because its diverse mixture of ethnic heritage and culture Village of Leask is known as The Melting Pot. Central to three urban centers, Leask is 108kms from Saskatoon, 80 kms from Prince Albert and 128kms from North Battleford.
- Town of Central
Butte - proximity to Lake Diefenbaker provides access to some of Saskatchewan's finest outdoor recreation. Central
location also offers in-town medical services and has an excellent senior's facility.
- Because of its access to a dependable water supply, the Town of Eatonia is a "prairie oasis", with a large urban forest, paved streets and other amenities which are rare in other towns of the same size.
- In 2003 the Village of Raymore won the Saskatchewan Community Service Spirit Award! Raymore's primary industry is agriculture which is well supported by its many agricultural supply and service businesses. Raymore's strong sense of community is evident through it’s many
recreational activities and clubs.
- Nestled along the west shore of Blackstrap Lake, just 30 minutes south of Saskatoon, the Resort Village of Shields is considered "the best kept secret in Saskatchewan". Shields is the ideal place to retire or raise a family. As a thriving forty year old Village, we provide for weekend getaway opportunities and family based rural residential living.
- The Town of Radisson is a progressive community 35 minutes away from Saskatoon and North Battleford on Highway 16 that is once again coming into its own. The recently twinned Yellowhead Highway, the change in demographics of the community and the willingness of the community to open its doors to industrial or commercial enterprise creates an atmosphere for growth.
- The Village of Canwood - The ideal location and variety of services offered, makes Canwood a good choice for people looking to get back to small town life. We offer a variety of essential services, from groceries to health care, and are also close enough to the big centers that travel is convenient
- Mason's Christmas Trees is a family farm business located near Kenaston. Each Christmas season the Mason's invites you to come to their farm, walk through it "forest" of Christmas trees, choose your favourite, and cut it down.
- The Chaplin Hotel, with motel style rooms and kitchenette is ideal for travelers and sportsmen, and is central to tourism and is within 45 minutes of Lake Diefenbaker
and Pallister Regional Park.
Farm Bed and Breakfast welcomes you to its beautiful prairie setting and wide-open spaces. Pavelich Farm, near Kenaston, is a great place to stop to be central to tourist attractions
in any direction.
- Elusive Saskatchewan White Tail Outfitters is one of Saskatchewan's top Outfitters, bringing people into the province since 1990.
- Lowdermilk Welding specializes in in welding, and T & E pumps sales, service and installation, as well as heavy equipment repair both agricultural and industrial,
and repairs to industrial machine tools and equipment.
- Frier Agencies Insurance - A small town insurance business in Davidson, Saskatchewan.
- Sewlutions MD Inc. is an embroidery design company offering digitized embroidery, screen-printing and sublimation at its very best.
- Gene Pavelich Photography has lived in rural Saskatchewan most of his life. His photography reflects an appreciation of the culture and beauty of his native province.
- Let us keep an eye on your property . The goal of Northern Cabin Care is to give you peace of mind and regular assurances that your cabin, grounds and infrastructure are as you left them.
- Dena's Clothing Store - Up to the Minute in Fashion See Store Location: Saskatoon, Saskatchewan.
- Hoffmann Holder Insurance & Licence Issuer - Kenaston, Saskatchewan. We work hard to be the best in our business, offering good solid products, educating our staff and being there when you need us. We are a 4th generation business with long established relationships with our clients.
FireFly Webs - Promoting Saskatchewan